Posts Tagged ‘registered emotional support dog’

Traveling With Your Emotional Support Animals

People who travel with emotional support animals or psychiatric service animals may need to give particular documentation to set up that they have a handicap or disabled and the reason the animal must travel with them emotional support pet. People who wish to travel with their enthusiastic support or psychiatric animals ought to contact the airline early to discover what sort of documentation is required.

Case of documentation that might be asked for by the airline: Current documentation (not over one year old) on letterhead from an authorized mental health professional expressing (1) the traveler has a mental health-related incapacity recorded in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV); (2) having the animal accompany the traveler is important to the traveler’s mental health or treatment; (3) the individual giving the appraisal of the traveler is an authorized mental health professional and the traveler is under his or her professional consideration; and (4) the date and kind of the mental health professional’s permit and the state or other purview in which it was issued. This documentation might be required as a state of allowing the animal to accompany the traveler in the lodge.